Make your body and stomach healthy. Health is wealth; and there are many activities changes you can bring about in your lifestyle in order to either maintain or improve your health as well as your family’s. For starters, daily exercise goes a long way. Whether it is an intense cardio workout or simply a morning jog before you get ready for work; just being active during the day is beneficial. Additionally, perhaps what has the most significant effect on your health is the food you eat.
Your diet must contain foods that boost your metabolism and thus help you stay fit. It must be stressed at this point that staying fit isn’t just about looking great – it’s about living a longer, healthier, better life. Nevertheless, shedding a few pounds (and keeping them off) is not an easy or quick process; in fact, for most of the people, it is a long, dark road.
Many give up on the way, giving in to the thought that losing weight is not their cup of tea. There could be a lot of factors playing a role in this decision of theirs – their undying love for food, discouragement, unnecessary and negative peer pressure and lack of support from loved ones, for instance. Not all of these can be overcome, nevertheless some can. The food problem.
Eating healthy can work wonders. For many people, it’s a fantasy to imagine eating sufficiently and not piling on pounds. But there are numerous Healthy Recipes out in the market these days to make this possible and thus making it a little easier for you to lose weight. There is really something for everyone!
Yes, even for those of you who fancy a delicious cake!
Healthy baking recipes for the scrumptious sins are a rare find, they are, nevertheless real.
- The Fruity Tea Cake – This delicious and healthy dessert contains fruits. Need we say more? The ingredients include mixture dried berries and cherries, hot tea, orange (plus zest), the cake essentials – butter, light brown sugar, egg, self-rising flour and the Demerara sugar. This recipe for the fruity teacake accounts for just 231 kcal (per serving)!
- The Chocolate Brownies – Accounting for just 191 kcals (per serving), these are the ultimate waist-friendly brownies. The ingredients that go into these delicious brownies are: the obvious dark chocolate, plain flour, cocoa powder, golden caster sugar, bicarbonate of soda, light muscovado sugar, coffee granules, vanilla extract, buttermilk, egg, and mayonnaise. Guess the fat content, reducing ingredient?
- The Chocolate Mocha Cake – This light and fluffy delight is one to try. The ingredients used are quite basic; softened butter, eggs, caster sugar, plain flour, cornflour, cocoa, baking powder, dark chocolate, strong black coffee, soft cheese, Greek yogurt and icing sugar. Yum. And there is also a cherry on top – it only contains 180 kcals per serving! Enjoy this treat without beating yourself up.
… There is so much more.
Moreover, you can eat your way slim with some super Healthy Mexican Recipes. Despite having earned a reputation of being not-so-nutritious (thanks to the overstuffed Burrito), Mexican foods can also take the form of healthy foods to aid your weight loss. There are healthy versions of some of the Mexican favorites, which particularly contain whole-food ingredients and curb the grease, yet maintaining the flavor and the necessary nutrition.
- The Nachos – Yes, it gets better. With sweet potatoes, black beans, and corn means these are packed with fiber, and both crumbled cojito and gooey cheese sauce to top it, this is a whole new version of the world-famous Mexican snack.
- Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Ever imagined where you’d be without tortillas? Not far away. Mix together quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, spices, and two kinds of cheese of your choice. Then top it with even more cheese (why not?). Heat it in the oven for around 20 minutes and dinner is served!
- Burritos – Don’t panic. This is the recipe for the Crispy Black Bean Quinoa Burritos. Cut back on the meat and rice. Fill your wrapper with cilantro-lime quinoa, black beans, corn, and bell peppers and you have a colorful, delicious meal that won’t have you tossing and turning at night. Also, make the avocado-yogurt topping for extra pleasure.
… And the list goes on. Tacos, Empanada, Soups, Salads and so much more!
Other Healthy Living recipes include many, but most and almost all of these feature lean protein, whole grains and salads, for obvious reasons. A study revealed that the average adult puts on one to two pounds each year. However, other research suggests a way to avoid this and maybe even encourage weight loss—minus the dieting. How, you ask? One word – fiber. This means that if you are consuming 2,000 calories every day, go one step ahead and increase your fiber intake by a good 16 grams. Fiber has no calories and makes you feel satisfied.
So eat without feeling guilty and stay smart.